Sunday, January 14, 2007

Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

January 14, 2007

My, my. I just looked at the calendar to check the date. The month of January is almost half gone. It was just New Year's eve. I had better get busy and create more art.

I have three new projects in mind. I will be using three photographs from my trip out West last summer.

Two of my photos are from the Mendocino, CA area. One consists of two children playing in the waters of a lovely cove in Mendocino Bay. The water is calm and there a multiple colors in the water and the rocky cliffs. It will be quite a challenge, but I am looking forward to starting on the project tomorrow.

The second photo depicts the swirling waters of Mendocino Bay from another location, high above the Mendocino cliffs. It may be a much harder project as there is less color variations in the water. The painting may prove to be boring if not handled with some imagination on my part.

The third painting will be of two boys playing at the beach in the sand of Washington State. One of the boys is my good friend's grandson. (He is the one looking over his shoulder.)

So, much work to begin.

Adios for now.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home